TMFdw Data warehouse for integrative research projects
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Maik Dobbermann
The TMFdw is a data warehouse for integrative research projects. It is able to manage research groups and their research members, publications and collected research data.
For our data warehouse we follow the FAIR principle (see https://blogs.tib.eu/wp/tib/2017/09/12/die-fair-data-prinzipien-fuer-forschungsdaten).
You can download a poster as PDF giving an overview of the data warehouse here.
The framework of the TMFdw has been used in the following projects:
- FOR2730 - Environmental changes in biodiversity hotspot ecosystems of South Ecuador: RESPonse and feedback effECTs (www.tropicalmountainforest.org)
- LCRS - The website for the working group of Prof. Bendix at the Philipps-University of Marburg (www.lcrs.de)
- DARWIN - Dynamics of precipitation in transition: The water source for the Galapagos Archipelago under climate change (www.darwin-rain.org)
- SSF - FOR 5288: Fast and invisible: Conquering Subsurface Stormflow through an Interdisciplinary Multi-Site Approach (http://ssf-hydrology.org)
- CorsicArchive - Altitudinal Gradients and Forest Response: Climate, Hydrology and Isotope Variability of a Mediterranean Ecosystem (www.CorsicArchive.de)
- Bale Exile - DFG research unit 2358 "The Mountain Exile Hypothesis" (https://www.uni-marburg.de/en/fb19/dfg2358)
- FACE2FACE - - Effects from climate change, adaptations and greenhouse gas reduction at 2050 (www.face2face.center)
- Nature 4.0 (https://www.uni-marburg.de/de/fb19/natur40/natur-4-0-lab)
- Dasim - Denitrification in Agricultural Soils: Integrated control and Modelling at various scales (dasim.de)
The TMFdw uses EML (Ecological metadata language) as its Metadata model. (see: https://knb.ecoinformatics.org/external//emlparser/docs/eml-2.1.1/index.html)
Publications and poster presentations:
- Lotz, T.; Bendix, J. & Dobbermann, M. (2012-09-12). Information Management System FOR816dw - Experiences derived from the development and running of an EML‐based data platform for the ecological research unit FOR816. Presented at GfÖ-2012, Session: Data - publishing, linking, using ecological data online, Lüneburg / Germany.
- Lotz, T.; Nieschulze, J.; Bendix, J.; Dobbermann, M. & König-Ries, B. (2012): Diverse or uniform - Intercomparison of two major German projectdatabases for interdisciplinary collaborative functional biodiversity research. Ecological Informatics 8, 10-19.